11.14.2006

keeping the ember aglow (one works cited at a time)



Anyone have a good idea for a thesis topic? I'd like to have it donw by May, so please contact me as soon as you can with ideas. Thanks. I didn't think the ivory tower was this tall...

I am selling my roadbike. Anyone want one? 2001 LeMond Poprad, 57cm frame.

In other news, I am investing in a laptop.

OK, here's some food for thought: "Poetry is what gets lost in translation." - Robert Frost
This quote speaks to the importance of celebrating language, and hearing poetry in its original form without the adulteration of transliteration or whatever. I was awarded an Faculty Awards of Excellence grant by Normandale this week for my effort in coordinating their first-ever world poetry recital ("the Global Soul of Poetry")...we had fifteen students and faculty recite poetry in their native languages, and a stnading audience of over fifty people withi whom we shared the experience. It was quite the celebration of our multilingual community at NCC...poetry was recited in Somali, Estonian, Hebrew, Greek, Arabic, Spanish, Japanese, German and French.