4.18.2007

email spam subject lines of the week:

I hand picked the following from over a hundred and fifty new spam messages I had in my email inbox this week, the great majority of them hawking nonexistent stocks, herbal aphrodesiacs, Rolex watches and the solution for bigger genitalia. I must admire the senders' efforts to circumvent filters, and the inevitable hilarity that results from the mistranslations and chopped non-sequiturs. Please forgive my parentheticals:

1. was canteen no legatee (good, i was thirsty)
2. In combinator myself epoxy (sounds sticky, doesn't it?)
3. Hard Like Steel (hell yes!)
4. his lancing on higginsport (this one appears painful)
5. As mine labarge ("lebarge" being the third-person plural of the verb "to lebarge")
6. My here lithopolis (population = 1)
7. A mix himself upraise (gin & tonics + poker = not good)
8. Your C1alis S0ft T4bs 0rder #714721 (shhhh! don't tell my Vi@gr4 dealer.)
9. To friendsville do erath (from whence thou shalt nary return)
10. Have evade because european (especially at the beach)