10.19.2006

nightmares and crosses

I had a sleep-in day today, since it's MEA at school and teachers are off. I spent the extra four hours of sleep swimming in a nightmare. I was in a car with my parents and brother, and as we sped down the freeway I noticed a sudden gathering of law enforcement and military vehicles poised atop an oncoming overpass. They began shooting into the sky as we drove under them, and as we came out the far side of the underpass, i looked to my left and saw, out the backseat window, a small plane being flown slow-motion into a building. Fuck, this terrorism stuff is out of hand- not funny when it becomes an unwelcome presence in my dreams. We need to stop.

Religious extremism scares the pants off me, and the hypocritical and potentially equally as dangerous tones of a far-right christian hordes from our own blessed midwest send just as many waves of chills down my spine as any hack video on Al Jazeera. Intolerance can be bred anywhere, and any religious extreme can proclaim to spread love while latently breeding its h*ly hatred out into the pews. Believe what you will, but please don't run with those scissors when others want not be cut.



I am off to have a glass of wine at La Bodega, then gonna rock the socks off a teacher conference tomorrow before seeing two friends wed up near home. Friday weddings rock. I might have time for a martini at the Red Carpet after all.

Here's a little tune to let into your soul:
Sia - Breathe Me on Transbuddha

love and tolerance,
Nate